Update: As of 2019, our Chief Beef Correspondent Rudy no longer resides in Austin, and thus we won’t be updating these rankings anytime soon. However, this page can still serve as a list of our Austin-area barbecue reviews. Please enjoy.
With the explosion of popularity in barbecue nationally (particularly with brisket), there is an abundance of options for eating in Austin and the surrounding areas. How do you sort through all the options? We’ve got you covered. There are so many new places opening up all over the city, and we’ll add them to the list as we try/vet them.
Last updated 5/8/18
- La Barbecue 2017 | 2014
- Louie Mueller (Taylor): 2018 | 2015
- Franklin Barbecue 2017 | 2012
- Black’s Barbecue (Lockhart)
- Black’s Barbecue (Austin)
- Kreuz Market (Lockhart)
- Lamberts Downtown Barbecue
- Micklewaith Craft Meats
- Stiles Switch BBQ 2015 | 2013
- LeRoy and Lewis (mini review)
- Freedmen’s Bar
- Terry Black’s Barbecue
- Blue Ox Barbecue
- Stubb’s Bar-B-Q
- Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q
- The Salt Lick (Driftwood)
- Uncle Billy’s Brew & Que
- The Green Mesquite BBQ
Closed: Live Oak Barbecue
Where should we try next in Austin or the surrounding areas? Leave a comment below to let us know.