The Hot Luck Festival was started by Aaron Franklin, Mike Thelin (co-founder of Feast Portland), and James Moody (owner of Austin’s Mohawk), and this year’s edition took place in Austin over Memorial Day Weekend. Farideh Sedeghin of America’s Test Kitchen gives you the lowdown in this video.
Join MUNCHIES Test Kitchen Director Farideh Sadeghin as she eats her way through Austin, Texas’ Hotluck music and food festival. This casual event is a hodgepodge of everything locals and visitors alike love about the city—good music, fun people, and the best barbeque known to man.
– Brett Martin (for GQ) on how Houston got cool
– According to this article (which is about a new Jim Noble fried chicken concept), Noble Smoke is now being targeted to open in March 2019
– You can now vote for the best barbecue joints by state in Southern Living’s “South’s Best 2019” poll
– Texas Monthly on the Barbecue Nation exhibit in Atlanta
– According to this list, The Pit is one of Raleigh’s best soul food restaurants
– Yea…I’m gonna need to try this out soon on my own Weber
– A comparison of the two out-of-state whole hog joints coming to Birmingham in the coming months – Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint and Rodney Scott’s BBQ
– Your move, Texas Pete: