– Congrats to @BBQSnob and fellow NC barbecue blogger @BBQJew for being named to Beef Magazine’s list of 10 great barbecue bloggers
Speaking of barbecue, fourth-generation Lockhart pit boss Barrett Black says the family expects to have the new Black’s Barbecue (3110 Guadalupe) retail outlet open in August and is still on the lookout for the perfect parking spot for the Black’s food truck.
– Speaking of Mighty Quinn’s, it is among the 8 Best Urban Barbecue Pits In New York City according to Food Republic
– Review of Okie Dokie Smokehouse in Swannanoa from Asheville’s Citizen-Times
– Barbecue Rankings apparently found some great ‘cue at Salvage BBQ in Portland, Maine
– The Great NC BBQ Map is now officially on sale to the public at the newly redesigned site as well as several restaurants including Sauceman’s (below); they also got nice write ups by the Charlotte Observer and Salisbury Post as well
On the front door at Sauceman’s – love it! pic.twitter.com/wdPtR4w49R
— Amanda Aileen (@ncbbqmap) August 3, 2014