– The history of naner pudding, the perfect dessert for barbecue
– The latest entry in Arrogant Swine’s fantastic How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn series why restaurants never open on time due to contractors, gas companies, and silly bureaucracy
– In anticipation of this week’s ACC Tournament which started last night (weird), here’s Syracuse.com’s guide to the best eats in the ACC that includes Greensboro (site of this and many many other ACC Tournaments):
Stamey’s (two locations, including 2206 High Point Road, Greensboro, 336-299-9888, @stameysbarbecue)
Especially recommended. Just an old-fashioned southern BBQ establishment, this Stamey’s location is right across the street from the coliseum. It’s packed during the ACC tournament — as well as around lunch on most days. The chopped pork barbecue sandwich (with the slaw on top, naturally) and hush puppies is a great choice, as is the barbecue chicken. Word to the wise: If you want to have dinner there Wednesday or Thursday, leave with four minutes left in the second game of the afternoon session. Otherwise, you’ll wait for a while.
– A profile on TMBBQ Editor Daniel Vaughn by Lucky Peach magazine; plus his 3 favorite “fusion-y” places in Texas
– Lucky Peach also spends a day with Aaron Franklin
– Re: Arrogant Swine: Is the Best Brunch in Bushwick Built on Carolina ‘Cue?
– Robert Moss has a short recap of the Cross Culture BBQ event at last weekend’s Charleston Wine + Food Festival
– SXSW Barbecue:
– An appreciation of Alabama barbecue, by Daniel Vaughn of TMBBQ
– Menswear blog Red Clay Soul has started their own Georgia barbecue bracket
Today we are kicking off the 1st Annual Georgia BBQ Bracket Challenge with our friends at Peach State Pride. This should be a GREAT event, and will last until Masters Sunday. That’s right…five weeks. We have picked 64 BBQ spots in Georgia (a much tougher task than you’d think), and built a bracket. There are four regions – named after BBQ sauce flavors: Hot, Mild, Sweet, and Vinegar. 16 spots per region. We’ll spend one week per region, and the final four will fight it out during Masters week.
– Details on the next NC BBQ Association class