Note: a version of this post was posted in December 2016. It has been updated as of 12/7/17.
Here’s some gift ideas for the barbecue lover in your life. The bolded items are the ones I can personally recommend. What else am I missing? Feel free to suggest other gift ideas in the comments and I’ll update the post through the holidays.
- Pitmaster: Recipes, Techniques, and Barbecue Wisdom by Andy Husbands and Chris Hart new!
- The South’s Best Butts: Pitmaster Secrets for Barbecue Perfection by Matt Moore new!
- Barbecue Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades by Steve Raichlen new!
- Virginia Barbecue: A History by Joseph R. Haynes new!
- Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition by Joseph R. Haynes new!
- Praise the Lard: Recipes and Revelations from a Legendary Life in Barbecue by Mike Mills and Amy Mills
- Buxton Hall Barbecue’s Book of Smoke: Wood-Smoked Meats, Sides, and More by Elliott Moss (signed copy available here)
- Barbecue: a Savor the South cookbook by John Shelton Reed
- The One True Barbecue: Fire, Smoke, and the Pitmasters Who Cook Whole Hog by Rien Fertel
- The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America by Johnny Fugitt
- Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by John Shelton Reed and Dale Volberg Reed
- Bob Garner’s Book of Barbecue: North Carolina’s Favorite Food by Bob Garner
- The Best Tar Heel Barbecue: From Manteo to Murphy by Jim Early
- Barbecue Crossroads: Notes and Recipes from a Southern Odyssey by Robb Walsh
- Barbecue: The History of an American Institution by Robert Moss
- North Carolina’s Roadside Eateries by D.G. Martin
- Carolina ‘Cue by Our State Magazine (or directly from Our State)
- The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue by Daniel Vaughn
- Peace, Love, & Barbecue: Recipes, Secrets, Tall Tales, and Outright Lies from the Legends of Barbecue by Mike Mills
- Barbecue Lover’s the Carolinas: Restaurants, Markets, Recipes & Traditions by Robert Moss
- Franklin Barbecue: A Meat Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin
- Southern Living Ultimate Book of BBQ: The Complete Year-Round Guide to Grilling and Smoking by The Editors of Southern Living
- Foods that Make You Say Mmm-mmm by Bob Garner
- Buxton Hall Barbecue Hat, T-Shirts (above) new!
- Sam Jones BBQ Hats, T-shirts (above) new!
- Lewis Barbecue Hats, T-shirts new!
- Our State NC BBQ T-shirt new!
- House of Swank North Carolina BBQ Shirt
- Cheshire Pork Gray Pig Logo T-shirt (blue)
- Cheshire Pork North Carolina Flag Pig T-Shirt
- Cheshire Pork Pig Hats, Sweatshirts, Aprons
- Cheshire Pork – lots more state flags and pig shirts here
- Carolina ‘Cuer Shirt
- NC Barbecue Box from NC Made new!
- Pig of the Month BBQ of the Month Subscription new!
- Red Rub from Hardcore Carnivore new!
- Sam Jones BBQ Eastern NC BBQ Set new!
- Go Pig or Go Home koozie new!
- House of Swank NC BBQ Can Koozie
- The Great NC BBQ Map, 2nd Edition
- NC BBQ Traditions Print new!
- BBQ Adventure Set new!
- Pork Chart Print (not a member of Huckberry? Consider joining via this link)
- Butcher’s Coasters
- Carolina Cue Tote Bag (plus more in the Gift Shop at the site)
- Carolina Cue Gift Packs and Gift Certificates