Note: a version of this post was posted in December 2016. It has been updated as of 12/7/17.
Here’s some gift ideas for the barbecue lover in your life. The bolded items are the ones I can personally recommend. What else am I missing? Feel free to suggest other gift ideas in the comments and I’ll update the post through the holidays.
See our 2016 gift guide here
See our 2015 gift guide here
See our 2014 gift guide here
See our 2013 gift guide here
- Pitmaster: Recipes, Techniques, and Barbecue Wisdom by Andy Husbands and Chris Hart new!
- The South’s Best Butts: Pitmaster Secrets for Barbecue Perfection by Matt Moore new!
- Barbecue Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades by Steve Raichlen new!
- Virginia Barbecue: A History by Joseph R. Haynes new!
- Brunswick Stew: A Virginia Tradition by Joseph R. Haynes new!
- Praise the Lard: Recipes and Revelations from a Legendary Life in Barbecue by Mike Mills and Amy Mills
- Buxton Hall Barbecue’s Book of Smoke: Wood-Smoked Meats, Sides, and More by Elliott Moss (signed copy available here)
- Barbecue: a Savor the South cookbook by John Shelton Reed
- The One True Barbecue: Fire, Smoke, and the Pitmasters Who Cook Whole Hog by Rien Fertel
- The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America by Johnny Fugitt
- Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by John Shelton Reed and Dale Volberg Reed
- Bob Garner’s Book of Barbecue: North Carolina’s Favorite Food by Bob Garner
- The Best Tar Heel Barbecue: From Manteo to Murphy by Jim Early
- Barbecue Crossroads: Notes and Recipes from a Southern Odyssey by Robb Walsh
- Barbecue: The History of an American Institution by Robert Moss
- North Carolina’s Roadside Eateries by D.G. Martin
- Carolina ‘Cue by Our State Magazine (or directly from Our State)
- The Prophets of Smoked Meat: A Journey Through Texas Barbecue by Daniel Vaughn
- Peace, Love, & Barbecue: Recipes, Secrets, Tall Tales, and Outright Lies from the Legends of Barbecue by Mike Mills
- Barbecue Lover’s the Carolinas: Restaurants, Markets, Recipes & Traditions by Robert Moss
- Franklin Barbecue: A Meat Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin
- Southern Living Ultimate Book of BBQ: The Complete Year-Round Guide to Grilling and Smoking by The Editors of Southern Living
- Foods that Make You Say Mmm-mmm by Bob Garner
- Buxton Hall Barbecue Hat, T-Shirts (above) new!
- Sam Jones BBQ Hats, T-shirts (above) new!
- Lewis Barbecue Hats, T-shirts new!
- Our State NC BBQ T-shirt new!
- House of Swank North Carolina BBQ Shirt
- Cheshire Pork Gray Pig Logo T-shirt (blue)
- Cheshire Pork North Carolina Flag Pig T-Shirt
- Cheshire Pork Pig Hats, Sweatshirts, Aprons
- Cheshire Pork – lots more state flags and pig shirts here
- Carolina ‘Cuer Shirt
- NC Barbecue Box from NC Made new!
- Pig of the Month BBQ of the Month Subscription new!
- Red Rub from Hardcore Carnivore new!
- Sam Jones BBQ Eastern NC BBQ Set new!
- Go Pig or Go Home koozie new!
- House of Swank NC BBQ Can Koozie
- The Great NC BBQ Map, 2nd Edition
- NC BBQ Traditions Print new!
- BBQ Adventure Set new!
- Pork Chart Print (not a member of Huckberry? Consider joining via this link)
- Butcher’s Coasters
- Carolina Cue Tote Bag (plus more in the Gift Shop at the site)
- Carolina Cue Gift Packs and Gift Certificates