Charlotte Magazine has released their barbecue issue. Several of the stories are below but consider buying a physical copy at one of their newstand locations
The Improper Pig is relocating from its orignal Cotswold location to south Charlotte
A brief history of barbecue, according to Chowhound
A guide to Carolina barbecue sauces, also according to Chowhound
Barbecue and mountain biking: when you want some ‘cue after hitting the trails
LOL from Kathleen Purvis:
Midwood Smokehouse’s Barbecue Month special while it’s available:
– Thanks to Feedspot for including us on this list of best barbecue blogs!
– Registration for NC State’s Barbecue Camp is now open (hint hint, Mrs Monk)
– The details on John Mueller’s new barbecue food truck, Black Box Barbecue
– The latest barbecue roadtrip book is from Matt Moore, a genre I happen to love
– Not a good look for the Garner Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q, whose employees sang “F— Tha Police” at some local police officers
On the second to last day of National Barbecue Month, this “The United States of Barbecue” infographic from USA Today covers the basics.