– Brett Martin (for GQ) on how Houston got cool
– According to this article (which is about a new Jim Noble fried chicken concept), Noble Smoke is now being targeted to open in March 2019
– You can now vote for the best barbecue joints by state in Southern Living’s “South’s Best 2019” poll
– Texas Monthly on the Barbecue Nation exhibit in Atlanta
– According to this list, The Pit is one of Raleigh’s best soul food restaurants
– Yea…I’m gonna need to try this out soon on my own Weber
– A comparison of the two out-of-state whole hog joints coming to Birmingham in the coming months – Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint and Rodney Scott’s BBQ
– Your move, Texas Pete:
Here at Barbecue Bros, we all know that “barbecue” is a noun and not a verb, and that “having cooking out” does not equal “a barbecue” (we all know that, right?). But that doesn’t mean that we don’t enjoy meat over flame, even if it is of the direct-heat-via-gas variety. Yukon Glory, a Brooklyn-based grill accessories company, was kind enough to send over a few of their products for me to check out, and after running them through their paces a few times, here are my thoughts.
Magna-Grill Magnetic Stainless Steel Beer and Cup Holder (link)
When smoking or grilling, a good place to hold your beer is always key. This heavy duty stainless steel cup holder sticks to any metal surface easily to keep a cold one within arm’s reach whether its a can or solo cup. On my grill, I found a spot just to the right of the grilling area to be perfect placement for when I needed to set down my beer to turn the burgers and dogs. And though I haven’t tested it out, there is a scratch resistant film on the magnet that means it can stick to the side of a car without scratching during tailgating. Why didn’t I come up with this idea?
Magnetic Stainless Steel Paper Towel Holder (link)
Similar to the cup holder, this easily affixes to any metal surface to give easy access to a roll of paper towels for messes or spills. Certainly not as flashy as the cup holder, but every bit as functional. As with the cup holder, it has a scratch resistant film so could also be stuck onto a car or truck during a tailgate. Because a messy tailgate is a less fun tailgate.
Stainless Steel Grilling/Serving/Warming/Tray (link)
This 4-in-1 tray and pan can be used as a grilling basket, cooking pan, serving tray, or a warming basket. I used it as a serving tray for burgers and dogs fresh off the grill primarily but can see using the perforated tray for grilling veggies in my near future. Remove the tray, and the pan would be a good way to transport a medium-sized pork butt from my smoker to the chopping block in my kitchen. Well constructed out of stainless steel and thankfully easily cleanable in the dishwasher.
Thanks again to Shaul from Yukon Glory. These accessories will surely be mainstays as I grill or smoke throughout the fall.