– The chapter on Midwood Smokehouse from Marie, Let’s Eat! was posted earlier this week (our photos from the meet up here); he also checked out Mac’s Speed Shop during his Charlotte-area travels in January
– More on Smoke Modern Barbeque’s second location in Ballantyne
– A review of Uncle J’s BBQ and Restaurant in Kings Mountain from the Gaston Gazette
– Expansion into the South is a sign of City Barbeque’s success; Speedy checked out their Cary location a few weeks back and thought it was decent
– Could Aaron Franklin actually win a James Beard Award?
– Did you know a barbecue pork sandwich chain used to dominate Texas and the rest of the south?
– Lexington makes the list on Thrillist’s list of best barbecue cities in the US
– Lockhart also makes the list at #3, and TMBBQ has a timeline of the city’s barbecue
– Is chicken mull having a moment? First a post on The Daily South, then another on Serious Eats (granted, both by Robert Moss), now Garden and Gun has a recipe