– Move over Austin, Is Houston the hottest barbecue market in Texas?
– The Drawn Cutlass has a review of the new Queen City Q location in Matthews
– Marie, Let’s Eat! visits Rib & Loin in Hixson, TN
– This “complete” list of Charlotte food trucks includes several we’ve reviewed – Smoke & Go, OooWee BBQ, Moe’s Original Bar-B-Que – but of the writing of this post somehow omits the best of the bunch, Boone’s Bar-B-Que Kitchen
– Downtown Charleston is getting its 8th barbecue restaurant soon, Poogan’s Smokehouse
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) August 10, 2015
– Johnny Fugitt’s top 25 barbecue restaurants (as detailed in The 100 Best Barbecue Restaurants in America) here
– TMBBQ has their list of a few more influential barbecue pitmasters that just happen to be black in response to this list of all white barbecue pitmasters and personalities
– Speaking of TMBBQ, Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt researches 40 years of lists from the publication
– Charlotte’s South End neighborhood is getting a Korean barbecue restaurant called Seoul Food Meat Market in the coming months, and the description is somewhat reminiscent of Heirloom Market BBQ in Atlanta
Esthetically, it will look like American traditional Southern barbecue ribs: It will look the same but it will taste like Korean food.” So beef ribs will be seasoned as the Korean kalbi and bulgogi, pork ribs like the Korean spicy pork, slaw will be kimchi slaw, and wings will be fried, but in rice bran oil, making them healthier, and crunchier, than most, says Chun.