– Yahoo Travel goes on the hunt for barbecue in South Carolina
– The Infatuation’s list of best barbecue in New York
– TMBBQ explores the many briskets of Texas
– Attention Rudy: Eater’s got a map of where to get the best pulled pork in Austin
Where to find the finest pulled pork in Austin https://t.co/aBQqZg6qT7
— Eater Austin (@EaterAustin) November 21, 2015
– Grayson Currin of The Independent says that Calvin Trillin’s recent New Yorker piece missed out on the best eastern NC “barbecue” in the form of soy recreated to mimic the dish; I can’t say that I disagree with Calvin Trillin not trying it out while in NC
In fact, to my mind, he missed some of the best barbecue in the state, even if it’s not barbecue at all: soy, smoked low and slow, pulled apart by hand and drenched with a vinegar-based sauce. It is a regional delicacy, reinvented for reasons beyond upscale dining.