– Interesting from Anthony Bourdain, who had previously declared love for both Eastern NC and Kansas City barbecue
— Parts Unknown (@PartsUnknownCNN) April 25, 2016
– Where to find regional styles of barbecue in NYC, including North Carolina-style from Arrogant Swine
– Robert Moss on “early airport barbecue”
The period between 1930 and 1960 saw a great flourishing of barbecue enterprises throughout the South, as one resourceful cook after another threw up a canvas tent or wooden stand and started selling slow-smoked meat wherever they saw potential customers.
– Ed Mitchell is having a pig pickin’ for Raleigh Homeless next Thursday
– Here’s an example 3 day Lexington Barbecue itinerary
– Midwood Smokehouse once again lands on the Voters Choice for Best Barbecue in Charlotte
– Charlotte Magazine profiles the newly opened Seoul Food Meat Co.
— Charlotte magazine (@CharlotteMag) April 29, 2016