– The 2013 Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship (formerly the Blues, Brew & BBQ Festival) was recently announced for October 18-19 and will be the southeast’s largest sanctioned BBQ competition
– Meanwhile in Asheville, James Beard nominated chef Elliot Moss has left Ben’s Tune-Up and is now focusing on his barbecue restaurant, presumably still being called Buxton Hill (though the article mentions he is taking more of a “modernist approach” and the details of which are “still in flux”)
– Boney’s Smokehouse, (review from Speedy and Monk coming tomorrow), gets a 3/4 star review in the Denver Post. Spoiler alert: we didn’t like it as much.
– In case you were wondering, you can take Wilber’s barbecue (and presumably any other barbecue) through airport security (although why the typo of “Wilbur’s” made it through the editing process at the N&O is a mystery to me)
– Scott’s Bar-B-Q in Hemingway, SC is Andrew Zimmern’s favorite barbecue joint in America as confirmed in a tweet a few weeks back
— Andrew Zimmern (@andrewzimmern)