– Salisbury, NC man charged with attempting to steal nearly $600 in bacon from Hendrix Barbecue
– Before Queen City Q was the official barbecue of the Charlotte Knights and their new uptown stadium, they were the official barbecue of the Charlotte Major League Lacrosse team the Hounds; that will continue next season
– Texas’s Louie Mueller barbecue eyes location in Houston (via)
– Inside the pit of the world’s oldest barbecue in Israel
– This Zagat list of “6 Mouthwatering New-School Barbecue Sides” has a distinctly Central Texas feel to it
– So my main takeaway from this New York Times article, “Take the Road Less Traveled; It May Lead to Barbecue”, is that I need to seek out this Ron’s Pig Palace food truck
I’m not familiar with Charlotte, so I asked a few people who were boarding with me if they could recommend the best barbecue place in town. I got a few suggestions, but one really caught my attention. It was a food truck and it was called Ron’s Pig Palace. The gentleman who suggested it said that he goes out of his way to find it every time he is in Charlotte.
– The audio from a NPR’s All Things Considered story on Rodney Scott and his In Exile tour here
Scott smiles. He says whole hog barbecue is more than food, or tradition. It’s about bringing people together.