– How well do you know southern barbecue? Take this ten question Garden & Gun Magazine quiz to find out.
– This weekend’s Carolina West RibFest (formerly the Carolina Mountain RibFest) in Asheville will feature Mexican wrestlers and fire breathers in addition to ribs
– la Barbecue is moving to the GoodLife Food Park in early August and will add a third pit
– Despite all its delicious barbecue, NC only managed 11th in this Thrillist list of the 50 states ranked by their food and drink; hey, at least we weren’t Virginia (#32)
“Virginia is for lovers, country ham aficionados and wishing that BBQ you’re eating had come from North Carolina.”
– Kevin Gillespie (of Top Chef fame) borrowed a burn barrel from Rodney Scott and cooked whole hog barbecue this past weekend; he will be opening a barbecue restaurant called Terminus City in Atlanta next Spring
— topchefkevin (@topchefkevin) July 5, 2014