– The Charlotte Observer’s Retro Charlotte blog has several old ads for the Mallard Creek Barbecue
– Speaking of the Mallard Creek Barbecue, in its 85th annual edition just as many people come for the brunswick stew as do for the pork writes Charlotte Observer writer Kathleen Purvis
– One last link for it, where they are going above and beyond to prevent health risks
– Some photos and a short recap of this past weekend’s Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship
– Village Voice: Arrogant Swine Brings the Nuances of Carolina ‘Cue to New York
The region’s other favorite barbecue preparation, Lexington style, marries pork shoulder with a thin but pungent ketchup-based vinegar sauce. On a recent visit, Ho’s thickly chopped pig was aggressively smoky but just slightly undersalted — it still sings when dipped into that sauce.
– Congrats to Johnny!
— barbecuerankings (@barbecueranking) October 20, 2014