– Food and Wine has must-see spots to check out in Charlotte if you only have a day, and Midwood Smokehouse makes the list
6 p.m.: Midwood Smokehouse. No trip to the South is complete without a stop for BBQ and Midwood Smokehouse is easily the best joint in Charlotte. People swear by the pulled pork and ribs, but I can’t get over the brisket and burnt ends. Temper your animalistic cravings, though – this is just a stop for hors d’oeuvres.
– Follow the SC Trail to Fort Mill BBQ Co.
– ICYMI, Queen City Q’s second location is now open in Matthews
– Vote for the NC barbecue trail in the 10 Best’s Best Food Trail poll
– Remember the salmonella outbreak at Lexington’s Tarheel Q? Well, they now face a wrongful death lawsuit as a result of it
– The Fayetteville Observer has 5 eastern joints where NC is an art
– A classic SC joint goes Texas with brisket
– From Ricky Scott (as opposed to Rodney)
— Garden & Gun (@gardenandgunmag) August 3, 2015