– Now open as of this past Monday:
— Midwood Smokehouse (@MidwoodBBQ) January 11, 2016
This one has bright red, heavy steel latches on the front that my uncle Marty fabricated and installed after the cooker arrived and we discovered that the existing latches were a little light duty for the hard-core nature of the cooker.
It has a large handle on one side that allows a single person to flip a 200-pound pig (which comes in handy in the middle of the night when all of your whiskey-drinking “assisting” pals have passed out in lawn chairs by the fire barrel). It also has a wood compartment on the trailer, sick-shiny chrome rims, and three chimneys.
– Marie, Let’s Eat! visits Peak Brothers Bar-B-Q in Waverly, KY and has his favorite meal of his Kentucky trip
– In praise of barbecue chicken, the so-called “second fiddle of the barbecue world”, by Robert Moss
– The Panthers are selling a 15-1 burger topped with 15 oz of pulled pork for $15.01 at this weekend’s game (h/t)
– You can earn $1000 and help Home Team BBQ of Charleston by finding and turning in a missing notebook with key information on their upcoming location
$1000 REWARD FOR THE RETURN OF THIS NOTEBOOK. I WILL WRITE A CHECK. PLEASE RETWEET. WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED. pic.twitter.com/PXJNeGbbet
— Home Team BBQ (@htbbq) January 11, 2016