– The New York Post: “Carolina barbecue is the best barbecue”
North Carolina is where you go to get the best barbecue in our defiantly local, my-barbecue-is-the-best-barbecue-of-all land of ours. You prefer Texas, or Kansas City, or Memphis? You are entitled. And I will not throw you out of my house if you bring any of them over. But Carolina barbecue is the best barbecue.
– Speaking of NC barbecue, there’s now an app for that courtesy of Our State Magazine
— Our State Magazine (@ourstatemag) February 1, 2016
– Missed this from December, but Travel Addicts made a barbecue pilgrimage to Lexington #1
– From Garden & Gun Magazine:
— Garden & Gun (@gardenandgunmag) January 27, 2016
– The Ballantyne location of Queen City Q is now open for dinner
– Speaking of Queen City Q, managing partner Bryan Meredith, was a guest on Charlotte Talks to discuss the local craft beer scene and why Queen City Q is boycotting Anheuser Busch InBev
– Grant of Marie, Let’s Eat! visits Saucehouse Barbecue in Athens, GA, the newest barbecue restaurant to open in town
– Kathleen Purvis from The Charlotte Observer and William Porter of The Denver Post swap notes on the cuisines of the respective cities, including barbecue
– Also, the editors from those two papers have made a beer and bison or barbecue bet on the big game
-The insurance commissioners from each state have made a similar bet as well
“If we lose, we’ll treat you to the No. 1 India pale ale in America (NoDa Brewing’s ‘Hop, Drop ’n Roll’), brewed right here.” She also agreed to send barbecue if Denver wins the Super Bowl.
– Midwood Smokehouse has a Big Game Smoker package if you don’t want to smoke your own barbecue this Super Bowl
— Midwood Smokehouse (@MidwoodBBQ) February 1, 2016