– We were fortunate enough to be considered “experts” (shh…don’t tell them) and submitted nominees for 10Best.com’s Best BBQ Pork Sandwich in NC contest. Voting ends June 6 at 12pm ET.
We contributed to this! Vote – Best BBQ Pork in North Carolina Nominees: 2016 10Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards https://t.co/Gdpdebjhwp
— Barbecue Bros (@BarbecueBros) May 10, 2016
– Creative Loafing profiles Seoul Food Meat Co.
Seoul Food Meat Co. in South End is a cross between Koreatown and Crown Town: https://t.co/HiJK2pZGn9
— Creative Loafing (@cl_charlotte) May 10, 2016
– Whole-hog Carolina barbecue converts Louisiana-native Rien Fertel
Mr. Fertel locates the birthplace of whole-hog barbecue in eastern North Carolina. In aptly named Pitt County, he visits three whole-hog establishments. The agriculture-and-livestock-rich region, he says, is “a bastion, or pit, as it were, where the nation’s oldest vernacular barbecue tradition has been slowly smoking for nearly two centuries.”
– Matthew Odam recently went on a 16-stop barbecue tour throughout Texas
— Matthew Odam (@odam) May 6, 2016
– Midwood Smokehouse’s crinkle cut fries makes this list of best fries in Charlotte from Charlotte Agenda
– Always worth a link:
— Visit North Carolina (@VisitNC) May 6, 2016