– NC barbecue legend Bill Ellis has passed away at the age of 83
Ellis was known as a barbecue missionary, carrying the gospel of Eastern North Carolina barbecued pork from coast to coast, and his restaurant was a barbecue mecca.
– His operation was apparently known as the “Microsoft of Barbecue”
– The Wilson Times honored Ellis on their front page yesterday
— The Wilson Times (@TheWilsonTimes) February 28, 2017
– City Barbeque has opened its second Charlotte-area location in Matthews as of this past Monday with a grand opening this Saturday; I’ve still yet to check out the Ballantyne location but plan to soon as Speedy had a good impression of the Cary location
– Sauceman’s will be smoking two whole hogs at Lenny Boy Brewing’s patio release party on March 11; you get one free plate when you purchase a 22oz. beer of SouthEnd MAAgic Yogi, a Belgian Ale brewed with Jasimine Tea & Lemons.
– Rick Bayless details how live fire cooking has influenced him
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) February 28, 2017
– The Smoking Ho has photos from The Sausage Kings of Austin Festival in February
– On Jess Pryles, the Austrialian-born now-Austin native
— Austin Chronicle (@AustinChronicle) February 27, 2017
– From Daniel Vaughn and Robert Moss:
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) February 25, 2017