– Sad news as Midwood Smokeshack has closed in Matthews. However, there is some good news in that the employees will keep their jobs at other Midwood Smokehouse locations and FS Food Groupd will be looking to build a full service Midwood Smokehouse in the Matthews area at some point.
– D.G. Martin’s list of last minute book gifts includes one of my all-time favorite barbecue books which was just re-issued on paperback, “Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue” by John Shelton Reed, Dale Volberg Reed, and William McKinney
– Charlotte Agenda: “Noble Smoke could give Charlotte a true barbecue flagship”
Noble Smoke will be opening this spring on Freedom Drive.https://t.co/eFEYNVu1fW
— Charlotte Agenda (@charlotteagenda) December 12, 2017
– However, one recently-elected city councilwoman will not be patronizing Noble Smoke when it does open due to his support of HB2 in 2015
– Carolina Smokehouse brings western NC barbecue to Carolina Beach’s boardwalk
– Congrats to B’s Cracklin’ BBQ!
— Eater Atlanta (@EaterAtlanta) December 12, 2017