– The Q-City Charlotte BBQ Championship (formerly the BBQ & Blues Festival) returns to uptown Charlotte this weekend
– More shots fired from Stephen Colbert on NC barbecue (0:49 into the video)
Amen. I’ve always said chemical weapons are a state’s rights issue. Each individual state should decide what is and isn’t poisonous. For example, what we in my home state of South Carolina consider a deadly toxin, people in North Carolina call barbecue sauce.
– The author of “A History of South Carolina Barbeque” and also the president of the South Carolina Barbeque Society certainly has some opinions
– Rocky Mount, NC hosts the sixth annual Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down this weekend, a KCBBQ event
– A couple of new NYC barbecue spots are trying to replicate NC pulled pork and based on this are seemingly doing a decent job at it
– Details on the grandaddy of them all, the 30th Annual Barbecue Festival