– The 20 most ridiculous NFL stadium foods includes the Hogmolly from Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers (though technically Charlotte is not “in the heart of whole hog country”)
The Hogmolly, created for Panthers GM Dave Gettleman and inspired by his nickname for “linemen of girth.” Sliced smoked brisket, tomato BBQ sauce, fried onions, pickled jalapeno, and cole slaw. It’s called a Hogmolly, so why isn’t there pork? And why are they featuring brisket in the heart of whole hog country? So many questions.
– The 85th Mallard Creek Barbecue Festival and the Q City Barbecue Championship make Creative Loafing’s 5 food events not to miss this fall
– The East-West Barbecue Fest was held in downtown Greensboro last weekend
– A short profile on Lexington, NC barbecue and five of its 17 or so barbecue joints
– Speaking of Black’s, their soon-to-be-opened Austin location is hiring
– Big Wayner checks out Ubon’s Bar-B-Que and Catering in Yazoo City, Mississippi
– Thanks for the shout out, Barbecue Rankings!
“The pork is absolutely perfect. It’s not smoked by man – it’s smoked by God through man.”-Awesome quote RE: Lexington BBQ by @BarbecueBros
— barbecuerankings (@barbecueranking) September 8, 2014