– You remember how Tyson Ho built a barbecue restaurant in Brooklyn? He checks in with a retrospective nearly a year after it opened; if you want to catch up on the entire blog series (and I recommend that you do), check it out here
– Blasphemers!: Stamey’s food trailer was stolen from their lot Monday night
– A fire has damaged Bill Ellis’ Barbecue in Wilson but at least there’s this nugget:
“I took my plate with me,” Mangum said. “I was too hungry to just leave my good plate.”
Mangum stood beside Lisa Woodard, who was in her car looking at the smoke.
“I am as hungry as I can be,” Woodard said. “I just paid my money and they told us to get out.”
– Luella’s Bar B Que in Asheville is getting a second location in Biltmore Park Town Square
– A Charlotte vs Raleigh restaurant smackdown includes a short profile on Frank Scibelli (restaurateur behind Midwood Smokehouse) as well as a head to head barbecue smackdown between Bill Spoon’s in Charlotte and Clyde Cooper’s in Raleigh
– A guide to Houston BBQ from TMBBQ
– Buxton Hall opens this Friday and I couldn’t be more excited to check it out at some point – I believe its been more than 2.5 years since its first iteration Buxton Hill was first announced, then with Rodney Scott as a partner
Buxton Hall is coming. On Aug. 28, the whole-hog barbecue restaurant will throw open its doors, permitting access to chef Elliott Moss’ wood-smoked ‘cue and farm-driven sides, all served in a cavernous former skating rink.