– WOW: Picnic is hosting a three-day “bbq revival” and bringing in Elliot Moss of Buxton Hall, Sam Jones of Skylight Inn and Sam Jones BBQ, Bryan Furman of B’s Cracklin BBQ, Tyson Ho of Arrogant Swine, John Lewis of Lewis BBQ plus a lot more
— NC BBQ Revival (@NCBBQRevival) August 15, 2016
– Speaking of Buxton Hall Barbecue, they have been named the #9 best new restaurant in America 2016
– Grant visits Zombie Pig BBQ in Columbus, his last new Georgia barbecue restaurant for awhile
– First We Feast gets another esteemed panel of experts to discuss “The Most Influential BBQ in America”; Barbecue Bros faves Stamey’s and Scott’s makes the list from the Carolinas
– Daniel Vaughn revisits Fox Bros Bar-B-Q after a few years and comes away impressed
– Question #1: Why are there two styles of NC Barbecue?
— Our State Magazine (@ourstatemag) August 15, 2016
– Question #2: How would you describe SC barbecue?
Adding one more layer of complexity, he said that a third (or fifth, depending on who’s counting) sauce should be included: “rust gravy,” a ketchup-and-mustard blend found statewide, especially at the Dukes Bar-B-Que restaurants.
– Charlotte Agenda reports that Mac’s Speed Shop is opening a downtown Matthews location, just around the corner from Moe’s Barbeque
– Tim Kaine spent his Monday night eating barbecue at Buxton Hall and jamming with a bluegrass band nextdoor at Catawba Brewery
– So you can eat barbecue and lose weight; The Smoking Ho offers proof
— Jimmy Ho (@TheSmokingHo) August 9, 2016