– A writer for the Virginian-Pilot tools around Greenville, NC and eats barbecue for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The legacy of Maurice Bessinger will live on the site of a former Piggie Park location despite a new owner’s wishes, specifically because Bessinger meant for it to
Unfortunately for Daras, he doesn’t own the flagpole-sized plot, though, because Bessinger sold the flag pole and the land it’s sitting on to a Confederate veterans’ group, precisely so he could ensure it would never be taken down.
– Sean Evans of First We Feasts Hot Ones, tries all of the barbecue at the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party
– Food & Wine on the culinary fusion happening in Texas barbecue
— Food & Wine (@foodandwine) June 20, 2017
– The runners up to the Texas Magazine Top 50 BBQ list
— Jody Schmal (@jodyschmal) June 21, 2017