– Hurricane Matthew causes some supply chain issues for the whole hog barbecue at Buxton Hall Barbecue
– Once again, the train will stop in Lexington for The Barbecue Festival on October 22
– Thrillist on John Lewis: This Man Spent 10 Years Perfecting America’s Best Brisket
Lewis figured out the exact thickness and material to insulate the walls to keep the heat in too. And because the long, round tanks and smooth edges on Lewis’ smokers are the perfect shape to keep heat and smoke circling consistently through, there’s no need to get up and move product around. Smoke stacks are rolled to a specific diameter. When I asked Lewis what that diameter was, he demurred. These specs are top secret.
– Lewis Barbecue makes the list of Eater’s Heat Map for Charleston for October
– Next year’s Cuegrass will be April 5 in front of The Pit
— The Pit Barbecue (@ThePitBBQ) October 3, 2016
– Speaking of downtown Raleigh, will they be getting more Ed Mitchell soon?
— andrea weigl (@andreaweigl) October 6, 2016