Provenzano credits Southern Soul, along with a number of other local restaurants that stayed open, for helping the recovery effort run smoothly and allowing emergency workers to stay on the island through mealtimes, instead of having to travel to a staging area on the mainland.
– A bbq and slaw egg roll is one of the crazy foods to try at this year’s NC State Fair
— Jeremy Markovich (@deftlyinane) October 18, 2016
– Bill Spoon’s BBQ makes Charlotte Stories’ list of Top 10 Best Comfort Food Restaurants in Charlotte
– Charleston Paper cheekily writes up Arby’s new Smoke Mountain sandwich: Finally, Charleston has a place for good barbecue
– Tickets for the train to the Barbecue Festival are still on sale:
— NC By Train (@NC_By_Train) September 29, 2016
– Picnic makes the list of Durham stops in this article from Departures
– Also from Departures, the best mail-order barbecue
– Atlanta Magazine: Meet Atlanta’s next great pitmaster – Bryan Furman of B’s Cracklin’ Barbecue
– More on Furman
— CL ATL Food & Drink (@cl_atlantafood) October 17, 2016
– Congrats to Grant and Marie!
— Grant Goggans (@MarieLetsEat) October 13, 2016