First linkdown of the new year!
– Friend of the blog Sarah Crosland picks the best bbq stops in Charlotte for Virgin Airways’ blog though the Barbecue Bros have quibbles with: 1) at least one of the picks 2) the fact that we were not consulted 🙁
– The BBQ Jew took in the recently opened Durham location of The Pit last month and had good things to report
– A review of Curly’s Carolina, TX Barbecue, a Carolina-Texas barbecue joint in Round Rock, TX
– A small update from True ‘Cue’s Facebook page:
We will be rolling out restaurant certifications and a revamped website early in 2014.
– Some photos from the first stop of the Rodney Scott In Exile Tour from Charleston last month
– Finally, Crook’s Corner in Chapel Hill plans to offer barbecue from the restaurant featured each month in Our State Magazine in an event called “Carolina ‘Cue;” up first is Stephenson’s from Willow Springs tomorrow at 6pm, and Bob Garner will be there signing copies of ““Book of Barbecue: North Carolina’s Favorite Food”