– More on the closing of Jimmy’s Barbecue, whose closing “signals change with barbecue” in the Lexington area
The closure of Jimmy’s continues a change in the local barbecue scene. Five years ago, seven restaurants participated in the annual Barbecue Festival. The closing of John Wayne’s Barbecue and Whitley’s Barbecue dropped the number to five, and now it will fall to four. The remaining restaurants and festival organizers may want to consider adding some of the county’s other barbecue restaurants to gain more manpower and food for the annual event.
– Yahoo! Travel calls The Barbecue Festival in Lexington the “can’t-miss event” in North Carolina
– Red, Hot, and Blue is opening a second RDU location, this time in Cary
“When I saw him walking up, I was a bit nervous. He can make or break a business,” said Matt Proctor, the pit master and owner of Stillwater.
– Speaking of brisket, it is more expensive than ever
– The SC BBQ Trail now has an interactive map:
— destination-bbq.com (@DestinationBBQ) January 4, 2015
– File this under “The More You Know”:
— Matt Viser (@mviser) January 2, 2015